New York State Ban on eLiquid Sales
HELP US STOP THE NEW YORK BAN ON ELIQUID SALES:
URGENT: New York State is trying to ban eliquid sales to adults!
If you haven’t already heard, today the New York State Senate has already voted to pass a bill that would ban the sale of eliquids to adults. This bill is now headed on its way to the State Assembly for a vote and if it is passed it will become law.
If we, the vaping community, allow this bill to be passed, not only will it have extremely unfavorable effects on the ecigarette industry in New York, it will also affect the ecigarette industry for the US—since other cities tend to follow New York’s lead on regulations.
Since the bill has already passed New York State Senate, our only chance now is to stop it while it is in Assembly or to get Governor Cuomo to veto it.
VOLCANO holds true to the belief that electronic cigarettes are a smarter lifestyle choice for smokers instead of combustible cigarettes. We as a company are against any measures which counter or inhibit an individual’s ability to make the choice they feel that is a better suit to their lifestyle. With our call to action, we hope to inspire you to take a few moments out of your busy day and help us educate your lawmakers on eliquid products and how it is a better choice for individuals looking for a smoking alternative and also how the ecigarette market is a positive stimulus on New York’s economy.
We urge you to petition the New York ban and do everything that you can to prevent it from passing in the State Assembly. In order to do this, you must contact your New York Assembly Representative and also Governor Cuomo and insist that they vote against this bill.
As a purchaser of ecigarettes, you know that these products are not tobacco as they are advancement and technology. Electronic cigarettes are nothing like tobacco cigarettes and that full access to these products, along with their cost are very important to you. YOU must make YOUR story heard by these legislators in order to persuade them to make a positive change; make sure that you make YOUR voice heard on this vital subject.
HOW YOU CAN HELP STOP THIS BAN:
1. Contact (call or email) Your New York Assembly Representative. IMMEDIATELY.
- We need vapers like you to call or email your New York Assembly representative as soon as you get the chance and ask them to vote NO on Bill A09309. In a polite manner, let them know that you are a user of ecigarettes and eliquids, that you are a voter, and that you will be looking to see the action that they take on this bill.
- Don’t forget to notify them that the passing of this bill will ban tens of thousands of ecigarette products and will certainly put 100+ small businesses in the State of New York out of business almost instantaneously.
You can find out who your representative is by clicking here (http://assembly.state.ny.us/mem/?sh=search). Please note that while emails and letters are effective, phone calls have the most impact. This vote can happen at any time so do not hesitate or wait to take action!
2. Call or Email Governor Cuomo and ask him to oppose the eliquid ban.
- Please contact Governor Cuomo at (518) 474-8390 (press #2 to leave a message, OR press #3 to speak with a live operator)
- You can also message him here using this form (http://www.governor.ny.gov/contact/GovernorContactForm.php) to ask him publicly to oppose the passing of A09309 or S06939 for the same reasons outlined above.
This is the biggest threat that has faced the vaping community nationwide in several years. New Yorkers and every vaper must take action NOW to save our industry, its current consumers and smokers who need a viable alternative to consider in the future.