Last Update: June 27, 2022 2:00 PM
Hawaii Vaping Community,
After months of hard work and contributions on behalf of all of you, Hawaii's key retailers, lobbying team, and support from SWFT, Streamline Vapors, and Drip More, we have advanced to the next phase along the way to an official veto by being included on the intent to veto list at today's press conference.
The bill will now await the final veto with the deadline of July 12th, 2022. We are almost there and on the right path forward, however, please know we cannot stop yet. Governor Ige still has the ability to NOT veto the bill and let it become a law until the deadline.
What To Do Now?
It is imperative that we gather another round of outreach to the governor’s office, emails and calls, to VETO HB1570. This will give us the little edge to put pressure and ensure we get the veto by July 12th, 2022.
We want to send a HUGE thank you to everyone who stepped in and let the community’s voices be heard. Please keep your support going, we are in this together.
Take Action Now:
Contact Gov. Ige's Office to Veto HB1570
Governor, State of Hawaii
Phone: (808) 586-0034
Fax: (808) 586-0006
Email Governor Ige
Please try your best to share your personal experiences with vaping and flavors. Here are some talking points you may also use:
- Vaping products have been made legal for purchase to adults 21+ in Hawaii. Banning them is not the answer to youth usage who buy their products from the black market not the legal local businesses.
- Adults like flavors too! Many adult beverages come in flavors specifically for this reason. Vaping products are no different with their flavor profiles.
- Tens of thousands of Hawaii adult consumers use these products as their choice and 99% of the sales are flavored products. Banning them will push adults back to tobacco cigarettes, a known killer
- Banning flavored vaping products would create a massive black market instead of legal local businesses.
- Flavor bans have not worked on mainland markets such as San Francisco. Youth smoking rates increased.
Thank you for being a part of our Hawaii vaping community and for your support and contribution in this fight to keep our flavors!